Healthcare professionals are in favor of medical marijuana because they firmly believe that its use can help patients to recover from chronic illness or even life-threatening conditions. Many people are of the view that the decriminalization of marijuana for medical use will only help stoners to get weed legally, but the majority of medical marijuana prescriptions are for AIDS or cancer. There will be arguments in favor of, and against, the use of weed products California, but many states in the USA have already permitted the use of marijuana-infused edibles and topicals (after authentic verification of the buyer).
Surprising Facts Related to Medical Marijuana
- It has been shown in the study of National Institute of Mental Health that psychoactive ingredients in medical marijuana does more than just ”relaxing” a pain or ”intoxicating” a patient. It actually suppresses the transmission of pain signals in the brain.
- Many people think of weed as a medicine for a migraine, glaucoma, and pain, but it has also been found very useful in the treatment of mental disorders such as Tourette syndrome, depression, anxiety disorders, anorexia, and bulimia.
- Medical marijuana can retain its potency for up to 60 months. A study performed by the National Institute on Drug Abuse has revealed that THC lotions and topicals, edibles can be stored at freezing temperatures for up to 60 months/5 years.
- If you live in the United States, you will be glad to know that hemp-derived CBD oil is 99% legal in almost all parts of America. There are only small, a handful of counties that do not permit hemp oil and their number is less than 1%. So, you can be at peace knowing that by purchasing medical marijuana you are not offending the law.
- Ganja can improve your immune system. Yes, you heard it right. Medical benefits of weed can go beyond your expectations. Doctors who administer medical marijuana patients have reported better, improved immune function as compared with patients who received a placebo.
Coming to conclusion, aforementioned ”surprising” facts about medical marijuana have helped many readers to clear seeds of doubt in their mind about the legality and medical benefits of medical marijuana.